Coronavirus Latest News
- In the light of the advice from our Archbishops that public worship should be suspended until further notice, we are sorry that there are currently no services and activities at St Martin’s for the time being. Please see our YouTube channel on the home page for our latest video.
DAILY PRAYER DURING COVID-19
Stay ALERT – Keep SAFE – ALL WILL BE WELL
Following Government guidelines announced on Saturday 6 June, the Church of England has given permission for churches to re-open for private prayer only. All are most welcome.
Guidance for using church for private prayer during Covid – 19 precautions
The following has been written to keep you and others safe and to ensure you feel confident about entering St Martin’s . It will be so tempting for us all, after being apart for so long, to turn a visit into a social gathering but for the safety and privacy of all please do this safely outside of the church building. We have made the church as welcoming as we all remember it to be but, sadly, for safety reasons have had to restrict some areas. We pray that you will find comfort and joy in being back in St Martin’s.
The church will be open on Sundays and Thursdays from Sunday 21st June from 10.00am – 4.00pm.
Before you leave home
- For everyone’s wellbeing it would be appreciated if you do not come to church if you have any symptoms of Covid – 19. If you are unfortunate to display them at a later date, please let us know.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- As Bibles and prayer books won’t be available then please bring any prayer aids you may need from home.
- Please bring your own drinks if needed.
As you arrive
- Please enter through the main (South) door.
- Hand sanitizer is available as you enter the church building. Please use it when you enter and leave.
- If you will feel more comfortable wearing a mask and gloves, then we would ask that you bring your own from home. A limited number are available in the church which are available for a donation towards our work.
- Some pews have been sectioned off to help maintain social distancing. Please use any that are available but remember to keep your distance.
- You are welcome to light a candle but please use the hand sanitizer first and make sure your hand is dry.
- Be aware of those around you and leave in a safely distanced manner via the South Door after using the hand gel provided to cleanse your hands.
- You are welcome to leave a donation using the card reader but please make sure your hands are clean first.
The church will remain closed between Sunday evening and Thursday morning. This is long enough for any virus left on surfaces to disappear. For the time being the church will be professionally cleaned on Fridays ready for re-opening on Sunday. This is made possible by a kind donation.
- The clergy team are available for private conversation. In the first instance, please give one of them a call;
- We have a pastoral team who are keeping in contact with those members of our church who live on their own or do not have friends nearby. We know many of you, but if you are in that category please let us know. We really do wish to speak to you.
- It is very important that we all reach out to our neighbours to make sure they know that we are here for them too. The Group Ministry have produced a leaflet which you may wish to print and drop through your neigbours’ doors (click here to download) . Please do so safely, of course. If anybody asks for help and you are unable to help yourself, please call the Rector and he will try to find a solution. Thankfully, various voluntary groups have been formed to help those in need. Again, please contact us so that we can direct you, if you are having difficulty accessing them.
- If you would like to receive updates and are not on our mailing list please join our mailing list via the home page.
St Martin’s Online
We produce a weekly YouTube service which is made ready for each sunday morning. In addition we offer Morning Prayer on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9.00am and Compline (Night Prayer) on Thursdays at 9.00pm. These are available via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive alerts.
For those who do not have access to the internet:
Reverend Renos Pittarides: 01483 283713
Reverend Rosemary Durward : 01932 860223
Reverend Sandy Conway: 01483 281497